As Universal Credit extends its icy grip, the tone of press coverage has been changing; it is more focused on personal experiences, and it is ever more serious. These are from the last few days; the headlines speak for themselves.
- Universal Credit delay left Glasgow man living on water for four days
- Man ‘forced to sleep on the streets’ after Universal Credit benefits cut (Hull)
- Universal Credit leaves Coventry couple with just £1 a day to live on
- Sick man living on food parcels and facing bankruptcy due to Universal Credit (Huddersfield
- Birmingham food banks at ‘crisis point’ because of Universal Credit.